17 December 2009

toe socks beatboxin'

ANNOUNCEMENT: TODAY IS OFFICIALLY "REPLACE THE G WITH AN APOSTROPHE IN ALL YOUR -ING VERBS" DAY!

This has been an inSANE week. Especially with the whole someone hittin' my car on Monday night and because of the ICE STORM on Sunday, I can't get a rental car until tomorrow because everyone in hilly Pennsylvania suddenly needs a rental car AND the woman who hit my car didn't admit fault until YESTERDAY so now we can finally start doin' stuff about it and get my car fixed, just in time for me to GO HOME and not need my car for a week.

OH and on top of all that, I'm sick. Sneezin' and coughin' and gettin' the chills and feelin' achy (achey? whatever...) and whatnot. I do feel lucky, though, that it's not the flu (swine or otherwise)--I'd rather be all sneezy and whatnot, as opposed to throwin' up and...whatnot. (That was a loaded whatnot, if you couldn't tell). I was actually really surprised that it took this long. Basically everyone in the office has been sick, as well as a good number of my youth group kids, but I've been feelin' peachy, and I've chalked it up to my indestructible Minnesota winter immune system. Until now. And it's another thing that makes this week the Best Week Ever.

For these two bits of complete and utter AWESOMENESS, I think I should throw a huge party...one which will involve spendin' two hours outside at an ice skatin' rink, stayin' up all night, breathin' in paint fumes, and consumin' copious amounts of sugar. Well! Good thing I'm doin' just that at tomorrow's lock-in!

I do have about twenty high schoolers signed up for it, which is exactly what I was hopin' for! I am so excited...but there's still a ton to do, and it mostly involves furniture-movin'. "Jessie!" you may ask, "Why are you bloggin' if you have so much to do?! You're an idiot!" Here is your answer: unfortunately, I can't do a majority of said furniture-movin' until tonight after the choir is done rehearsin' in the room across the hall where the couches are going to go. And that should happen around 9:15. So...yeah. Lots of last-minute AWESOME. But I am headin' into the office to do more paperwork-y kind of stuff in a little bit. Wahoo.

That's about all. Oh, and if you didn't already Google it to see if it were true, it's not actually "Replace the G with an Apostrophe in All Your -ing Verbs Day." I just felt like bein' weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment