03 December 2009

wild and crazy nachos

I have a dry erase board in my office where I write all my plans to take over the world. Needless to say, it is always full.

These days, though, it seems like every time I erase something and go, "Yes! Mission accomplished!" I suddenly think of three more things to take its place. This is especially true since I only worked one day last week because I got two days off after the retreat and two days off for Thanksgiving. And at the end of this week, I will have been here Monday through Sunday (that's right, one full week). WHY?! Well, the weekdays have been full of random office-y things, but today we had a Youth Ministry Holy Hour as part of the monthly day of Eucharistic Adoration at St. T's...Saturday I have SOS (Service on Saturday) in addition to getting together with one of the teens at St. T's who is going to help me pick out paint colors for the youth room, AND possibly going to a play...and on Sunday we have our normal youth group gathering. The saving grace of all this? Well, I'm going to visit a member of the youth group at her place of employment tomorrow. And this place of employment...is an ice cream place!! PRAISE JESUS for ice cream! And for a wonderful place called Pittsburgh, where walk-up ice cream places are open ALL YEAR LONG, and unicorns run free in fields of marigolds and daisies while fairies and talking giraffes frolic merrily nearby. Or something like that.

Today I had lunch with a lovely person that I met at a conference at Loyola University New Orleans in May 2008. She goes to Loyola in Maryland (there's four Loyolas in the country...silly Jesuits!) but is home in Pittsburgh for a couple of months having just returned from a study abroad trip. It was kind of funny, I had no idea she was from Pittsburgh, and then one day I was Facebookin' it up, and she had something about the Steelers in her status. So I was CLEARLY like, "No one who isn't from Pittsburgh would include the Steelers in their status." I then proceeded to creep on her and sure enough! Here she is in the Burgh, and here I am in the Burgh, and...voila! And today, we had lunch and caught up a bit and it was very nice to see a familiar face and give someone a hug. So...thank you, Kate! Hooray!

I feel like I might explode sometime soon. I hope I don't, though. You know what might keep me from exploding? A letter. From you. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment