18 March 2010

best. thing. EVER.

Okay, so this probably shouldn't go under a tag which includes the word "health," but it definitely has to do with food, so...whatever. But you know what? I think that the occasional happy sweet thing is a very necessary part of one's health! Thus, my very favorite recipe for...

Ultra Delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!

Ingredients:
1/2 c oil
1 c sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2-3 bananas, mashed
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
mini chocolate chips (however much you want--I usually go with about half of a normal bag...and make sure they're the MINI kind! It spreads out the happiness better! I can't stress that enough--use the minis!)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Beat oil and sugar in a good-sized bowl (how Minnesotan is that, "good-sized"...haha). Add eggs and bananas, beating well. Blend in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (I don't know if it makes a difference or not...but I usually do this in two steps: first, I put in 1 cup flour with the soda and the powder and stir it all in really well, and then I put in the other cup of flour and the salt and stir that in really well). Add milk and vanilla and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan. Bake for about an hour (or until a toothpick comes out clean).

***This recipe is also pretty delicious without the chocolate chips, but I wouldn't recommend leaving them out because, well, where's the fun in that? You will notice that without the chocolate chips, I downgraded it from "Ultra Delicious" to "Pretty Delicious." But don't let me influence you too much. Do what you want...

Well...enjoy! I'd love to hear some of your favorite recipes too, so leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment