03 March 2010

rome sweet home

Here's my first video from Rome!



I want to talk briefly about something in that video, namely the sculpture of the Annunciation in the wall of the church. It was so beautiful...and because of the time of day when we were there, this bright light was shining on the angel. The thing that really stuck out to me, though, was the look on the faces of all the angels. There's a whole bunch of them gathered around the scene...and almost every single one is staring at Mary with this look of anticipation. Even God the Father is staring down as if he's got his fingers crossed and he's saying, "Is she going to say yes or no? Please please please..." The entire heavenly kingdom is holding its breath, waiting to see if she's the one they've been waiting for. And you can tell she's really thinking it over, too. That's the thing I love about Mary--not once did she ever take this decision lightly. But then again, I guess bearing the Son of God isn't really something to take lightly...

Okay, it's 7:15am local time in Rome, and I am going to eat breakfast and go hang out with the POPE!

I love you and I'm praying for you all!

2 comments:

  1. hearing your voice just makes us miss you more... like it wasn't bad enough already

    (by "us" I mean everyone - I am assuming the feelings of everyone who knows you based on my own)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Jessie! Can't wait to see the next video! :)

    ReplyDelete